What you will get from this article:
- Practical strategies for learning how to feel fulfilled
- Why a sense of fulfillment and achievement are essential to a happy life
- The three forces of creation that result in ultimate achievement
- The impact that feeling fulfilled has on your life
Have you ever felt unhappy after completing an important goal? It happens to many of us. We’ve been focused for so long on a particular outcome that when it comes, we find ourselves thinking, “Is this it?” Instead of feeling joy and excitement – feeling fulfilled – we become indifferent.
How can that be the norm? Why isn’t the achievement enough? When do we fully grasp how to feel fulfilled? Learning how to feel fulfilled is not just an added benefit or perk – it’s vital to feeling grounded in life.
And the secret is hidden in the positive changes that come to you through commitment to being INSPIRED BY NATURE, INNERWEALTH.
THE KEYS TO FEELING FULFILLED
Real fulfillment doesn’t come from material possessions, wealth or success alone. Harvard professor Todd Rose advocates that individuals transform their understanding of how to feel fulfilled. Rather than expecting success to provide contentment, we must turn our attention to fulfillment itself.
Life is not an either/or where we are either successful (trapped in a rat race to keep up with the Joneses) or fulfilled (sacrificing outward success to tend to softer emotional needs). Success and fulfillment are complementary pursuits. It’s our ability to build relationships and our own self-confidence that drive our capacity for success. The more supported we are in life via getting our needs met, the more we’re able to nurture feelings of contentment.
MASTERING THE SCIENCE OF MANIFESTATION
Finding fulfilment in life is difficult if you haven’t achieved anything – so the first lesson for living an inspired life is mastering the science of manifestation. Think of this as a formula for success. Mastering achievement means that you can take your dreams and make them real. To be successful, you must go beyond having an action plan and understand the three forces of creation.
FORCE 1: FOCUS
In order to make something happen, you must channel the power of absolute clarity and commitment. To awaken your sense of fulfillment, remember that where your focus goes, energy flows. You must have a desire and hunger to get started – without that, you won’t have the ability to see the process through to the end.
We often start out completely focused on our goal: We’re going to get that promotion, live a healthier lifestyle or find a loving and supportive relationship. Your goal is fun and you’re making good progress. But the road to feeling fulfilled isn’t always smooth. You hit a setback or your growth plateaus, and this is where the real challenge begins. Those who have mastered the science of manifestation overcome obstacles with a growth mindset and inner strength that helps them stay focused on their goals.
FORCE 2: MASSIVE ACTION
Here’s where you start moving toward what you want. If your current approach to feeling fulfilled isn’t working, change it. Think about a child learning to walk. If they gave up as soon as they fell down, no one would ever learn to walk at all. Instead, kids keep going until the figure out walking, then running. No one ever says to them, “Listen, walking is just too hard. Just give it up, kid.”
The other key to taking massive action is to find a model for effective execution. Take someone who’s achieved what you want – whether your goal is to earn a billion dollars or lose weight – and find out how they did it. Role models and mentors help us learn faster and more effectively; follow successful models and we get results weeks, months or even decades more quickly than by figuring things out on our own.
FORCE 3: GRACE/ GRATITUDE
We think of this concept in different ways; some call it God, others luck or good fortune. Yes, we can take all sorts of actions in order to make something happen, but what about the other elements on the path to success – the things we can’t control but help us along anyway? That’s grace. The more flexible you are, the more you acknowledge grace in your life, and the more it shows up. Grace will also help you better understand how you can give back, which is another key to understanding how to feel fulfilled.
UNDERSTANDING THE ART OF FULFILLMENT
Achievement alone can only take you so far. There are plenty of people who are incredibly successful, yet remain unhappy and discontented. It’s like they don’t know how to feel fulfilled at all. Call it the law of familiarity – the more used to something you become, the less you appreciate it. But your life doesn’t have to stay that way.
To live a rich rewarding quality of life, you need more than just success. You need to live. Feeling fulfilled comes from finding what makes you happy, what brings you joy. That’s Inspiration…
Chris’ approach to the art of fulfilment is to trade expectation for requirement. Instead of expecting something – falling into the trap of familiarity – require the maximum, and appreciate that it’s there always in some form. Your mind alone won’t make you happy. We’re programmed to search for and find faults and failures, sent more and more and more, not focus on how to be fulfilled. But choose to take delight in everyday life means you find what’s missing. Nothing is ever missing, just changes in form. Even on a dark heavy day, there’s inspirations to be found in nature, like a smile or the sun on your face, and you become the richest person you know, no matter how much you have in the bank. Even better, you’ll give more to those around you, creating a positive feedback loop of energy. Now when you achieve something, no matter what it is, you’ll be able to truly celebrate your success instead of feeling empty.
HOW TO FEEL INSPIRED
Learning how to be fulfilled is within your reach. Master the science of achievement and the art of inspiration and you have the tools for a sustainable life of happiness that enriches not only yourself, but those around you.
1. START SMALL
To grasp how to feel inspired by the little things in life, it’s okay to take baby steps. You probably won’t be able to build an unshakeable sense of inspiration overnight, but with consistent effort, feeling inspired can become your new norm. Even when you’re starting small, appreciate that nothing is ever missing just changes in form, it’s an abundant universe, remember to set goals and by small reinforcement you’ll stick to them.
Change your morning routine to include a short priming exercise. Write in a gratitude journal each night. Find an exercise you enjoy that gets you outside into the fresh air. Take up a relaxing pastime like gardening. Every small action you take adds up to greater fulfillment.
2. CULTIVATE POSITIVE EMOTIONS
No one is happy all the time – but you can feel inspired all the time. Cultivate positive emotions like joy and gratitude by choosing to focus on the good. Stop overanalyzing. Appreciate the abundance in your life. Positive thinking will transform your entire perspective on life.
Changing your physiology can even affect your emotions. Use the Deny, Affirm, Visualise model. Smile, even when you don’t want to – you’ll trick your brain into believing you’re joyful. Throw your shoulders back and adopt a power pose– you’ll instantly feel more confident.
3. LET GO OF THE PAST
It isn’t easy to let go of the past, but it is essential for finding fulfillment. Recognize that while your past made you who you are, you don’t have to live there.
Forgiveness is a healing force in our lives and a powerful element in finding fulfillment in life. Holding on to blame and guilt – toward others and yourself – only causes pain and suffering. Release those emotions and you will be free from negativity.
4. CHOOSE YOUR RELATIONSHIPS CAREFULLY
Understanding how to feel inspired by nature centres on the fact that humans are social creatures. When you surround yourself with people who bring you down, your focus will be drawn to the negative. When you surround yourself with positive people, you feel uplifted and inspired.
This is the power of proximity: You become who you associate with. If you want extraordinary relationships, not mediocre or destructive ones, learn to use it to your advantage.
5. STICK TO YOUR VALUES
Our beliefs create our world. What are your values and beliefs? Are you living in a way that is true to them? Have you achieved your goals in life in an ethical and honest manner?
In the search for contentment, it’s tempting to compromise your values to get a fleeting sense of fulfillment. But if you’re acting against your values, the feeling of fulfillment is false and won’t last. When you’re true to yourself, you can trust that when you find what you’re seeking, it’s the real thing.
6. FIND BALANCE IN LIFE
Perfection is the enemy of happiness. You know you can never achieve perfection. If you continue to seek it out, that prevents you from finding Inspiration. Life isn’t about being perfect. It’s about living.
Rather than drift to extremes – perfection on one end and sloppiness on the other – learning how to feel fulfilled means living in the middle. Align your life with your values, give it your best effort and be content with the results.
7. ACCEPT WHAT YOU CAN’T CHANGE
Like perfectionism, the need to control everything in life only leads to frustration. There are many things you’ll never be able to control: the weather, traffic, outside events and especially the choices other people make.
Part of building relationships and living inspired by nature means focusing on your own actions. You can improve almost any situation through your own choices, but you can’t control someone else’s actions.
8. TAKE A TIME OUT
We all have blueprints for our happiness. We work and work to earn the big salary, buy the fancy car and get the house with the two-car garage. But when we finally reach our material goals, we still feel like something is missing.
Don’t get caught up in the rat race, only to look around once you reach the top and finally wonder how to feel fulfilled. Inspiration starts today. Take a break to do something you enjoy. Spend time on self-care and family activities. Go on vacation and make life one long vacation at home.
9. BE FULLY PRESENT
As you’re vacationing or spending time with family, ask yourself if you are being present. Are you practicing deep listening with your loved ones? Are you taking the time to notice the beauty all around you?
Chris has said that, “Every moment you live in the past is a moment you waste in the present.” The past is done, and the future is never guaranteed. Allow yourself to be fully present in the moment. Put down your phone and connect with the people you love. These are the moments you’ll remember when you look back on your life.
10. GIVE BACK
Contribution is one of the Six Human Needs and can have a massive impact on your ability to feel fulfilled. There is no better way to feel gratitude for everything you have than to spend time with those who are struggling. Whether you volunteer, give to those less fortunate or mentor a young person, when you lift up others, you lift yourself up as well.
HERE ARE SOME More GREAT ARTICLES FOR IMPROVING FULFILMENT
- Beyond Blame BookletReally special moment when we move from blame and shame to inspiration and love. We don’t need to hurt someone or be hurt to move on. Nature Up Book Series – Beyond Blame
- THE EXPERT GUIDE TO CALMING DOWN FOR GOODThe 2nd November 2016 was National Stress Awareness Day. Stress gets in the way of our happiness, relationships, our sleep and our mental health and wellbeing. Everyone experiences stress at some point, but it doesn’t have to be that way; the good news is that we have a lot more control than we think we […]
- Slide Show NepalA few Images from the recent Corporate Retreat at Namche Bazaar. Included now, with six months coaching contracts are 5 days one on one with me anywhere in the world you choose. Maybe even Bondi. (I’d prefer Mt Everest like this trip). This 5 day one on one time is for Soul Searching = Visioning […]
- The Art of LeadershipInspired Thinking. Uniquely Australian, highly intuitive and inspired, Chris Walker is on the forefront of radical personal development and change that inspires people to find purpose and to live in harmony with the Laws of Nature. His methods are dynamic, and direct. His work is gifted, heart-opening and inspirational. The process Chris embraces can be […]
- Intro To 30 Day Challenge.Like you, I’m no stranger to struggles. I know what it feels like to push myself to the edge, to test my limits. I know the desire to keep improving, to get better and do more.And perhaps like you, I used to doubt myself more than I should. My motivation ebbed and flowed. I wondered […]
- BUILDING ENERGYA human body with no energy is dead. Human body filled with energy is alive. There is no need to make things complicated. Sometimes our body is less energy than others. And sometimes it is more but unsustainable. And so the science of building and maintaining energy in your body is a very critical one. […]
- EnergyThere are two types of people in the world according to Keith Richards from the Rolling Stones, energy suckers and energy givers. And energy sucker does service, which in this case we are going to call being a parent and going to work, with some level of resentment and therefore living in the world of […]
- YOUR VIP SCOREThere are three key aspects of your feelings that add up. They are your vision and whether you are achieving it, your inspiration and therefore what’s going on right now, and your purpose which is an overriding sense that everything that’s happening to you is in a greater context and therefore can be understood. let’s […]
- Vision QuestTRANSCRIPT Welcome to day four of the 30 day challenge and today I’m going to share the secrets of doing a vision quest. Before we begin let me be very clear that our vision quest done in a traditional indigenous way would last for far longer than one or two nights. On such vision quest […]
- Growing Your LifeAnyone or anything that you cannot see both sides of runs your Life. brought to you by the second universal law of nature, nature evolves and so do you. opinions are like assholes, everybody has one. Our opinions are based on information we have gathered and in some cases spent a lot of money and […]
- Understanding Yourselfwelcome to day four of the 30 day challenge and today I’m going to share the secrets of doing a vision quest. Before we begin let me be very clear that our vision quest done in a traditional indigenous way would last for far longer than one or two nights. On such vision quest you […]
- Self AwarenessSo now we have come to the point where you will be able to describe your major goals and your minor goals. We are not suggesting here that this is in anyway the end of the goalsetting journey. But if you have kept up with the daily work we have done so far which should […]
- FulfillmentHere is a checklist which I think would be wise to go through and markdown where do you think you are wasting energy. We cannot give what we haven’t got and so it becomes apparent that sometimes we burn energy just like a aeroplane dumps fuel if it’s going to do an emergency landing, because […]
- Wonder and ExploreHey there and welcome back to day nine of the 30 day challenge. Just a quick recap we have discovered that there are four elements to a great life and a successful one both at home and at work and they are; Building energy Stopping the loss of energy Storing energy Directing energy The first […]
- Cellular HealthListen on Spotify Here Transcript The most conspicuous area for energy gain and energy loss is the human body. Our systems for handling energy management in the human body are really clumsy. We look at the body as a sport machine or some sort of mobile vehicle and consider its function very externally. But there […]
- EnvironmentWhen people start talking about personal change they talk about psychology and therapy and productivity and all sorts of time management things but what they absolutely leave out which is the easiest basis for human development is environment. Change a persons environment you change the person. A child who is under performing at home, may […]
- Mind IPG’day and welcome. Today we are working on the power hour, the mind IP and a well to put this in context, remembering that we’re going around a loop, which is called the power hour, we’re doing what’s called daily evolution and mind IP, you might say to yourself, well, what do we really mean […]
- ValuesWell, you’ve had a good swipe at your values and now it’s a great chance to cut a little deeper. Did you know that people find it really hard to be honest with themselves about their values. It becomes one of the most complicated things we do in human development. Let’s try to understand why. […]
- MENTAL STRENGTHWelcome Innerwealth Mental Strength Training – Storing Energy. As you know, already from the past days, opinions are like assholes. Everybody has one. But opinions can be also a toxic mindset. It is not really so much about what we think but it is more about how we think that becomes a toxic process. Toxic […]
- Self TalkThinking Positive Words matter. The way we talk to each other matters, but the way we talk to ourselves is even more critical.The most important conversations we have are the ones that take place in our heads. This constant, internal dialogue, what psychologists call “self talk,” isn’t just idle chatter. It’s instrumental in creating our […]
- THOUGHT STOPPAGEwe go in the direction of our dominant port. So what do you think about you bring about. this works as you’ll see in week four in the manifestation process to cause what we want. But it could also backfire. you were talking about your ex partner, somebody you don’t like at work, something bad […]
- STILLNESSthe hardest thing I’ve ever done in my life, in a life of divorces and businesses and hardships and spinal damage and all sorts of things, is nothing. doing nothing was the hardest thing I’ve ever done and still is. I went to my first Zen retreat we’re doing nothing is the absolute epitome of […]
- STORING ENERGY THE GREATEST POWERthe degree to which you store energy in your body and build up your personal presence and therefore your personal power is measured identically side-by-side with the consistency of your gratitude in all seven areas of life. I have created a process called the discard form. This discard form can take any situation you are […]
- Inspired by Nature Know YourselfBy now you will have clearly annunciated your purpose and vision. If you have not then it may be wise to book a extra coaching session to clarify this matter. In your workbook stage two you will find a sheet which says your life purpose statement. It is really wise to get this clear. If […]
- PERFORMANCEIn the entire universe, which I hope your interest has been gained, in exploring viewpoint and big-game perspective, there are five universal principles that govern everything. During the past 20 days I have attempted to demonstrate the application of these principles to your energy and therefore your longevity. You will know by now that a […]
- TEAMWORKWhen you are sitting designing the strategy for your business or trying to work through an emotional crisis because something has not gone your way it is no use saying I live with nature and needing to go out into a forest for a three hour drive to get your act together. Instead we must […]
- EVOLVE OR DIEThroughout this booklet there are blank pages or questions that give you the opportunity to test your knowledge and see how you’ve progressed. The questions are not soul-searching. There is a table which offices use the opportunity to look at your current teamwork and if this is not appropriate you can look at your family […]
- THE NATURE OF TEAM LEADERSHIPWe are now coming to the pointy end of your 30 day challenge and it really is important to understand how you can integrate self leadership into your leadership style. What I have done here is used my Himalayan tracking experiences to give you some examples of how you can utilise the universal laws of […]
- MANIFESTATION FORMULANow it comes time to put it all together. You know about self talk, you’ve written your vision, you know about your purpose, do you understand the importance of thought focus and not being distracted by judgements and emotions, do you know about gratitude, do you understand the back on track process and therefore the […]
- COACHING OTHERSSoon people will ask you for advice. Given that you have understood the why and the wherefore of Innerwealth, you may be in a great position to help others. But I suggest a great deal of caution. The single most important thing in coaching is to know and ask the right questions. The second most […]
- Beyond the FUNKNow you are well on the way to manifesting and knowing how to change and manifest anything you want and your enemy will become yourself. Your greatest enemy in causing and creating what you want in life is you. You and your reactions and your judgement and the things that make you go down and […]
- Inspired VIDEOToday we’re working on motivation or inspiration. I guess this is a really important thing because when we talk about vision, inspiration, and purpose, we get the middle word is inspiration. We get the option of choosing motivation or inspiration, and are they all that different? Let’s have a look. Let’s move through here. Why […]
- SELF LEADERSHIPThere was a music teacher in New York who specialised in teaching young children. She would give them a Bach concerto, on the first lesson, and treat them as if they were prodigy. The children cried with frustration. But she demanded they try. After 10 weeks she would ask them to play something really simple […]
- The 30 DAY CHALLENGEExploring nature is universal laws is a life long experience and to help you with that I have included a few books here that you may enjoy reading at sometime in the future. You have also access to the public podcasts I create on both SoundCloud and Spotify, all linked to Apple iTunes and upgraded […]
- THE WALKACHI DAILY CHEAT SHEETTRANSCRIPT 00:00 Good day folks. And today I promise that I would deliver some instructions as to how to fill, fill out the walk GE Daily Journal and here they are, fourth attempt at this recording, by the way, having a lot of technical problems today.00:16 But here we are. I filled out the first […]
- VIP – MENTAL STRENGTH – STORING ENERGYWelcome Innerwealth Mental Strength Training – Storing Energy. As you know, already from the past days, opinions are like assholes. Everybody has one. But opinions can be also a toxic mindset. It is not really so much about what we think but it is more about how we think that becomes a toxic process. Toxic […]
- HOW AND WHY TO FIND YOUR PURPOSE IN LIFEHOW AND WHY TO FIND YOUR PURPOSE IN LIFE It’s a question as old as time: “What is my purpose in life?” As far back as the fourth century BC, Aristotle was pondering life’s purpose and developing his theory of teleology, or the idea that everything in life has purpose. In today’s fast-paced, technology-filled world where we […]
- GOAL SETTING AND VISION, USE VALUES AND BELIEFS TO CREATE YOUR BEST LIFELEARN THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN VALUES AND BELIEFS TO CREATE YOUR BEST LIFE Would you rather own a home or spend a year traveling the world? Have a steady paycheck or a flexible schedule? Put money away for retirement or splurge on an expensive gift? For many of you, the answer was obvious, but your answer […]
- WHY LIVING INSPIRED BY NATURE IS THE GUARANTEE TO FULFILMENTWhat you will get from this article: Have you ever felt unhappy after completing an important goal? It happens to many of us. We’ve been focused for so long on a particular outcome that when it comes, we find ourselves thinking, “Is this it?” Instead of feeling joy and excitement – feeling fulfilled – we become indifferent. […]
- Why Coaching Is An Essential Part of SuccessKEY BENEFITS OF LIFE COACHING GAIN CLARITY IN YOUR PURPOSE Get clear and focused on the goals and objectives that will radically change your life next year. BECOME A MORE EFFECTIVE LEADER Gain new tools and confidence to breakthrough limitations, and skills to inspire and empower others. ACHIEVE YOUR HEALTH AND FITNESS GOALS Renew your […]
- HOW TO OVERCOME SPEED BUMPS TO MANIFESTING WHAT YOU WANTLearning how to manifest what you want in life is all about getting laser-focused on actually what you really want – and surrounding yourself with positive energy that will come back to you tenfold. SPEED BUMP #1. IDENTIFY YOUR LIMITING BELIEFS Beliefs are things you are certain about, whether about yourself, other people or the world. Limiting beliefs are the […]
- JOY – NATURE’s 5th Universal Law – And How Finding Your Purpose Is Essential.The best way to experience true happiness and fulfillment is to live a life of purpose. By that, I mean, doing work that allows you to use your unique gifts and talents to do work that truly makes you happy while making a positive impact on the world around you. This is what allows you […]
- The true power of the human spirit is harmonious, interconnected and very much alive.Many years ago, especially in the East, people were in tune with nature. Nature’s harmony and the human happiness were considered one. What happened outside of us, happened within. But now, with time and technology, we have lost touch. Concrete has replaced trees, paint has replaced grass and billboards advise us rather than the deeper […]
- You are the environment you create.AUDIO VERSION BY CHRIS LISTEN ON ITUNES LISTEN ON SOUNDCLOUD TRANSCRIPT FROM OTTER.AI Good morning. Good afternoon. This is Chris and wherever you are, I am happy to be talking to you today about something that’s really important to you and that is you. When I was 14 years old, I read a book by […]